What To Bring:
- You will need to bring your insurance card(s)
- Your driver’s license or a current State issued picture ID.
- A copy of your advance directive (if applicable)
- A copy of your Power of Attorney paper (if applicable)
- Any education material or post surgery medication provided by the physician office
- A responsible driver or predetermined mode of transportation that is available to you immediately upon completion of your procedure. You will be unable to operate a motor vehicle for up to 24 hours after your procedure.
What To Expect:
Our goal is to treat each patient with respect and like a member of our own family. We provide advanced focused ambulatory surgical services in a caring and compassionate environment. Our primary concern is your health and safety.
For your safety you will not be allowed to drive after the procedure, so please have a responsible adult available to escort you home. Please wear comfortable and loose fitting clothing. We will ask you about any known food or drug allergies you may have. We will also ask you to sign a routine Informed Consent to indicate that you have been made aware of the risks, alternatives to, and possible complications of the procedure.
You will likely receive sedation during your procedure. This means you will most likely feel drowsy afterwards. After the procedure, you will rest comfortably in the center where we can answer any questions you may have and provide further instructions.
Sometimes it is necessary to remove a polyp or take a biopsy during the procedure. In those instances, specimens are sent to a lab for analysis.
We will verify your insurance in order to collect your liability, but as the patient, it is ultimately your responsibility to verify your insurance benefits also.
Depending upon your insurance plan, you may receive several bills as a result of the many specialists supporting your procedure.
These may be from:
- MNH GI Surgical Center (for the facilities, equipment, supplies, staff, etc.)
- Your Physician
- MNH GI Anesthesia and Pain Management
- The laboratory (for any tests done because of your procedure)
(For billing inquiries from MNH GI Surgical Center please call 1-855-360-2430)